As your postnatal doula I will offer practical and emotional support to help you find your own way during the days, weeks and months following the birth of your baby. Here are some examples of how I might be able to support you:
- An initial free consultation
- Being present to listen and offer a completely non-judgmental ear
- Providing practical support in the home, so that you can rest with your baby and get to know one another as a family
- Feeding support. As a breastfeeding counsellor I will be there with my skills and knowledge to support through your feeding journey
- Take care of your baby so that you can rest
- Support you and your partner in getting to know your baby and understand normal newborn behaviour
- Signposting you to fantastic evidence based resources that will enable you to make informed choices and navigate the information out there for new parents
- Attend appointments with you, if you wish
- Taking care of visitors in any way that is helpful
- Complete light housework tasks
- Meal preparation. As a veggie, I am happy to cook meat dinners for you, but won’t be able to check for seasoning
- Unlimited text and email support
Hourly rate: £30
“If a woman doesn’t look like a goddess in labour then someone isn’t treating her right”
Ina May Gaskin
“A doula will be there for you, unconditionally, completely, whenever and whoever you are and whatever you do. And she will move heaven and earth to carry out your wishes.”
As your Doula I will;
Get to know you
Place you at the centre of your decisions
Know that you are the expert on you and your baby
Support you to feel prepared for birth and parenthood, knowing all your options
Listen with compassion
Support you to find the information you need to inform your choices
Respect your decisions
Believe in you
Care for you
Celebrate your transformation to parenthood with you
Antenatal Breastfeeding Preparation
This session is aimed to be delivered during your pregnancy...
Night doula services are available...
I am a registered Breastfeeding Counsellor with the Association of Breastfeeding Mothers...
There is little more emotive a subject than the way that we feed our babies...
Find out more about our Gift Vouchers...
Antenatal 4th Trimester Preparation
I have a burning interest in the initial three months following birth, often referred to as ‘The Fourth Trimester’.
As your postnatal doula I will offer practical and emotional support to help you...
Developing Doulas Companionship
Three Step Rewind
Maddie’s Miracle Free Breastfeeding Support Group
I met Jo when my son was 5 days old at a breastfeeding support group as I was struggling in the first few days of feeding and needed help. From the moment I met Jo, I could see how caring she was and passionate about all things feeding. I went to a different group 2 days later for more support where Jo volunteered and continued to go there for support and the social side for months after. Jo gave me advice on changing positions, pumping through my son having to go onto high-calorie milk due to a heart condition and also him having heart surgery at 4 months. Our breastfeeding journey has come to an end after nearly 19 months, and I am so grateful I met Jo as I honestly think without her knowledge, support and genuine passion for feeding I would have given up in those early days.
Mum of Albie
Jo is nothing short of a completely exceptional woman. She was born to support women and this shines through in absolutely everything she does. Her love, care and attention to your well-being is honestly, second to none. Her depth of knowledge, calming presence and attention to every detail that matters to you, is incredible. Jo explores avenues that you may not have even known were an option, yet somehow you never feel like you’re not in the driving seat. One of the things that struck me so much about Jo, is how much she wants you to have the best possible experience, and she never stopped fighting for us and our baby, even when we lost our voice. For anybody reading this who is considering Jo as their Doula, my simple advice would be do not hesitate, to be in Jo’s company is to be in the presence of something truly special.
Mum of Jacob, Henry & Albie
Jo did such a wonderful job looking after both baby and parents during our time together. You can tell that this is more than just a job for Jo - she is such a caring person that being a doula was likely not a choice: she had to be one. We will forever be grateful for the work she did, even if we were jealous of her magic abilities to put our daughter to sleep.
Father of Isabelle